The creation of environmentally-conscious and long-term solutions that will support refugees in the Middle Eastern North African region.
Recently there has been a massive influx of refugees in the Middle Eastern North African (MENA) region. This region has become a destination and transit area for many refugees. One of the main issues for them occurs once they have arrived at the camps. Many of these camps are overcrowded and do not have electricity or running water. Creating environmentally-conscious and long term solutions will allow for camps to become sustainable living conditions for the refugees. Currently there are over three million Syrian refugees in the MENA region. Creating long lasting environmentally friendly solutions would benefit the lives of the refugees as well as the environment that they are occupying.
- What are the primary living concerns of refugees?
- How many refugees are currently without sustainable shelter in the Middle Eastern North African region?
- What actions have been taken by your country to alleviate current refugee conditions?
- What actions have been taken by the UN to alleviate current refugee conditions?
- What environmental implications have occurred as a result of the recent influx of refugees?
- Is there an influx of refugees currently?
- Are there any long term refugee camps?
- What aid organizations are currently aiding refugees?
- What expenses would arise as a result of funding sustainable living conditions for refugees?
- How will the proposed solution impact the environment?